Sunday, July 5, 2009

Hidden Lake

Jon finally took me to this wonderful beautiful lake...



2 comments:

Kimberly said...

that lake is so pretty! And this picture of you guys is GORGEOUS

Love ya!

lance said...

Hidden but not Lost

I love this lake and I love the story Grandpa Gerber told me about his first visit to it.

Seem back in the 1930's Grandpa Gerber was very weatlthy. He had two airplanes and drove a big new Chrysler. He paid cash for everything. As the story went he wanted to go fishing and heard of a secret place in the mountains on the Idaho and Montana boarder called "Hidden Lake". He made arrangements and road the Yellowstone train in to Macks Inn Lodge and then took a Cadelac into the moutains. The yes there was a road made of wooded planks and a bridge that allowed the brave to drive into Hidden Lake. The fishing was excellent and well worth the trip. The road is long gone and I remember the hike into the lake being up hill and strenous. But even today its beauty is burned into my memory and your pictures reminded me of the great times I had fishing on this bottom less lake. Thanks for the memories. Love you Dad Revo