We started out cutting a few logs so that Mom and Dad could take them home for firewood. But that just included Jon and dad going crazy with a chain saw. I say more fun than work. We did fix Dads camera. That was very important, see hunting season is coming up so this helps us see what really is walking around. And the other really important thing we did was restock the pond. We go fish small fish out of the stream, put them in buckets and dump them into the pond. Looking back we did do a lot of work, just the fun work.
The whole time I kept telling Mom how weird it was that Dad would hang around camp with us, and that he was not rushed or in a hurry to go get something done. But this trip won't happen every time. Labor day weekend, when the boys aren't hunting we will be fixing a fence again.
Now those who know my Dad might think I am making some of this up, but I am not I even have pictures of him having fun!!
Jon has not used his chain saw for like 5 years or more. Dad kept making fun of how small it was. Upon returning home, Jon would now like to trade his chain saw and get a bigger one!
Dad got a new camera, so we put that up.
Because the deer and elk won't leave it alone the boys put barbwire around it so that they won't knock it down.
Jon and Sage fishing
Dad working very hard.
So Dad put down his pole to go dump the fish they had already caught. So my Mother being so scared of fish decided she would try and use the fly fish ( of course never doing it at all before). So as you can tell she has perfect form and it is a wonder why she did not catch one. It was probably a good thing she didn't, I am not sure what she would have done if she caught it.
And I can't forget Sage. She did such a great job running, and swimming. She swam A LOT that day!





3 comments:
Well, I can totally see Steve making fun of Jon's small saw, but I can't see your mom being afraid of fish!! Sounds like a fun trip!
finally! you updated your blog! ;) i love you, aubs! and it looks like you're keeping busy AND having lots of fun! :D
New Beginnings
"In Life What Sometimes Appears To Be The End... Is Really a New Beginning."
Post a Comment