Saturday, June 25, 2011

Winn Family Reunion

After one day of being home from New Mexico James and I were on the road again for a family reunion. This year it is in Casper Wyoming and we spent a day at Martins Cove. James and I were both tired, but pushed through it and had a great time. Everyone loved him and he was NEVER alone. We slept in cabins on Casper Mountain, in which James and I got kicked out of ours the last night and slept in the mess hall. But I am really glad we did, cause we slept a lot better!

I had never been to Martins Cove and I had been looking forward to this since it was planned. The church owns a ranch that is like a visitors center just a few miles from the cove. The cove is about 2 miles away. If you would like you can pull a handcart for the first mile. I would have like to have done that, but I already had a kid on my back. James slept all the way to the cove, which was really nice. We had a great experience while in the cove and hiked out. James got to ride in the handcart all the way back. I think he enjoyed it. Overall I would have liked to spend more time there, hopefully one day we can go back.



Where we slept the first night



James, Grandma and Great-Grandma



James and Mom



James and Nate, his new best friend





James and Steven



The only ones from our Family that could make it





James and Mom



Looking at the cove



Grandma wanted to carry James for a little bit



We kept hearing stories how some of the pioneers had to walk without shoes. So Trent and Steven thought they would try it out for a little bit to see how it would be. They did not last long before their feet started to hurt.



James is saying "can she walk any smoother?"



James and Cadee. She was another best friend of James this weekend. We are cleaning and packing up and she was a big help and put James to sleep.

Overall I am so happy we went, and so much more happy that our family enjoys getting together and we have all these memories together. I LOVE ALL MY FAMILY

No comments: