Saturday, May 24, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend - Day 3

We woke up and luckily it had not rained during the night, but the ground was still wet from the dew and the rain from the day before. Papa wanted to load some logs on the trailer to take home, and Grandma needed to burn a pile. James loved helping both, Millie was not a fan of the fire. After a little bit we thought it would be fun to go fishing before we went to work. It is very convenient to be working by the pond. 

Everyone wanted to fish with Papa, he seemed to have the magic touch when it came to fishing. Jon was having a hard time, he had made his own fly to try out. It was not having much luck, but he was determined to get one! James even caught on all by himself! Millie wanted to try, but she didn't quite understand how to reel. 

It was time we kicked the boys off to work. I didn't get any pictures but I promise they got a lot done. I was at camp a lot with kids needing naps. 

Mom, the kids and I headed home around 4, and the boys stayed about another 2 hours to finish a section off. The kids were so excited to see Grandma's house, the chickens and kitties. I was just excited to take a shower and give the kids a bath. We were all pretty tired when bed time hit!

Burning a pile with Grandma


Millie did not like it

Fishing with Papa





Millie's turn




No comments: