Wednesday, March 23, 2011

1st Vacation

Every year for spring break my mother heads over to Burley Idaho to visit her parents. This year James and I decided to tag along. I wanted him to meet my grandparents, his great grandparents and some other family we have in the area including my sister. It is about a 9 hour car ride from our house. One the way over James slept the whole time, except for when we stopped and feed him. The next day however was an adjustment for him. We had fun visiting with everyone. I thought James did pretty well. We were out of our routine and he was not used to so much noise, but was generally a happy baby.

While we were there his lovely aunt Megan gave him a nickname...Worm. Now why she chose worm I am not entirely sure, and whether that is a good thing or not I do not know. On Monday night my grandparents ward has FHE for empty nesters, and this month it was at there house. It was so cute to see all these other grandparents holding James and giving him attention. And I know he loved it!

My Aunt Trina and some of her kids watched James for a few hours one day. I guess the kids were literally fighting before we got there. They all wanted to hold James first. I think after that afternoon he is grateful our house is a little quieter. We don't have 6 kids at home.

On the way home we made a quick stop into Boise so that Jon's sister Laura could see him. He enjoyed the break from the car, and did not want to get back in. It took about an hour for him to settle back down and go back to sleep.

All-in-all James was loved by so many in a short amount of time I think it overwhelmed he. But again he did really good for his first trip. I was happy for the chance to take him over and let everyone see him.



Funny story with this picture. This is my Uncle Brent. He did not want James to spit up on him. Well my mother was sitting next to him trying to burp James. Sometimes it takes James a few minutes for the burp to come. Well after about a minute my uncle took him to show her how it was done. On the 3 pat on his back a BIG Burp came, and an even bigger smile came to Brents face.



Greatgrandparents



Grandma and Great Grandparents



James with Aunt Megan



Grandma and James



Mommy and James :)



Second Cousin (to James) Nathan



Uncle Brents family with James



Uncle Brent and his family with James Me

No comments: