Thursday, May 20, 2010

Getting Settled

We have been in the house for about a month. Not all the boxes are unpacked, but that is ok cause we have a garage! (That way I do not have to see the boxes everyday and tripping over them)

We have been super busy, I never would have thought that buying the house is the easy part. No one ever tells about the list that comes with the house and how it is never ending!! Thank goodness Mom helped me with the pictures and some organizing. Jon and I have been so busy in the evenings with the fence. Which is not 100% done, BUT all the boards are up and we are enclosed. It is so funny that we now have cable, but every night we are to tired we hardly ever watch it.

Mom made curtains for our new house. It was supposed to be a teaching moment, but we had a bad experience with the first set we made. So we did want to take any chances with these. Honestly I am glad the other ones did not work out, these ones are so much better!! The pictures do not do them justice!! Thanks Mom you are the BEST!!

We have also started meeting our neighbors, well as people move in. So far we do not think that we have crazy ones. I think we will be pretty lucky! Some just stay inside and in fact Jon mentioned last night about a house that is sold but no one lives in it. I had to explain that there are people there and in fact they moved in before us. We also feel really lucky that one street down we have LDS neighbors that are in our ward. They moved in the same time we did. We look forward to doing a lot of fun things with them!!

Our ward is pretty fun. Right now our building is 15 minutes away in Burbank. BUT this weekend there is an open house for the new building that is like 5 minutes away! We do not know yet, but everyone hopes that we will get reassigned to this building.

All and all things are going great and we are staying busy!!








1 comment:

lance said...

Life is always changing and the new home will bring some stability to your lives. It is looking beautiful and I can see a touch of your personality in it.

The joy in the journey is not the arrival, but in the individual steps it takes to get there... enjoy the journey one day at a time. We love you both. Ma & Pa Revo