
On the long car ride home! She was having a hard time!!


She slept a lot the first few days, the peaceful moments that will never come again.

Yes we are trying to train her early to be a bird dog!
First Video- Before the fence she just had too much energy to stay in the house. We are BOTH very grateful that the fence is done!! She has been trying to jump, but her short little legs don't let her get to far. But she stills tries!
The second Video- We are trying to kennel train for night time and times when we leave her in the house but we have to go. I read online that they need to feel like the kennel is a 'happy' place. So a couple times a day I try to play with her and the kennel. I think she is starting to like it a little more!
She loves that we now have the fence up so she can go run around all she wants. Now we just have to work on the "no digging"!
So far we are pretty lucky with her. She only had potty issues the first few days. We are pretty good at taking her outside often enough, but she has gone to the door a few times to let us know. BUT let the record show she never once has pooped in the house! We are also getting used to sleeping at night. She wakes up a few times a night to go to the bathroom. I am learning that I do not need as much sleep as I had thought. All in all she is a good puppy and hopefully will grow into a good dog!!





7 comments:
She is beautiful! I love dogs! If my HOA allowed it I would get a few more! (Matt is happy the HOA doesn't allow it!) Good luck with her!
Sage... reminds me of the high mountain plains and the memories of Jon when he was in diapers resting on his trusted friend "Goldie". Your valuable time being invested today will pay off greatly in the future. This is a 10 year committment. Then to now, Jon has grown into a man and no longer is in diapers. Goldie is still in our hearts and minds as a loyal friend and companion. Sage will become a trust friend for the family and always return with a loving heart and a smile.
Sage... I love her color and her eyes... she looks content and will soon become an established member of the house hold. Realizing this is a 10 year commitment, getting things right early on will make for a happy home for all in the future. I will find the pic of Jon and Goldie when he was but a baby in diapers. The only difference now is he is grown... and out of diapers. Love you both and look forward to visiting your new home. The fense looks solid.
Ahh, she looks just like Jon!
Wow you got a dog! Good for you guys. Mike and I saw Megan yesterday at Broulums and she said Sage is a handful. Ha Ha! You will be ready for a baby after all the late nights you have with the dog! So we are planning to see you guys when you go to Lava for your reunion! We miss you guys so much!
Wow you got a dog! Good for you guys. Mike and I saw Megan yesterday at Broulums and she said Sage is a handful. Ha Ha! You will be ready for a baby after all the late nights you have with the dog! So we are planning to see you guys when you go to Lava for your reunion! We miss you guys so much!
Oh my goodness. I sure hope you are bringing her with you this weekend. I would so love a good wet puppy kiss!!!
Post a Comment