Saturday, February 5, 2011

James Remington Revo

Wow are we lucky!! First off not only did we make a pretty darn cute baby, but I had a pretty easy labor.

To start off I was supposed to be induced on Monday Feb 7. But at my doctors appointment on Thursday my doctor thought I would go into labor by myself before than. I was doubting him since I was not feeling ANYTHING! I learned my lesson, I will trust my doctor a little bit more.

I had a wonderful day on Friday, I spent the time doing last minute cleaning that I wanted to get done. Jon got home and we went along like any other day. We went to bed at our normal time, around 9. I got up to go to the bathroom (don't worry this is the first of personal details that you really don't want to know :) at 10:30 and on my way back I noticed I was a little wet. That is right my water broke!! I was just really happy it didn't break while in bed. I got Jon up and he slowly pulled things together. See I have a friend who was going to watch her, but I had not pulled any of her things together. Also I had to throw a few more things into our bags. We headed off to the hospital with Jon driving. On the way Jon rubbed his eyes, and his contact fell out. So that means we had to pull over and deal with that. Next child Jon will not drag his feet this much.

We got to the hospital at 11 and they had to check me over before they would keep us. It took an hour for them to figure out I needed to stay. At midnight I was at 1 Cm, I know hardly anything, but my water did break so they had to keep me! At 2:00 they measured me again and I was at a 2. By 3:30 I was starting to hurt and wanted the epidural, and I was at a 5. After that Jon and I got a small nap, which was much needed!! At 5:30 I was at a 10! But wait that was not good enough. I was positive for GBS (not a big deal) but they wanted to make sure I had all the medicine I needed before he made his arrival, meaning I had to wait. The doctor came in at 6:30 to check me, and I had just finished all the medicine. Now they were getting things ready and I was told to hold off as long as I could. About the time I couldn't wait they were ready. 10 minutes later James arrived. Please do not be a hater that for my first child labor/delivery only took 8 1/2 hours total!

James Remington Revo born February 5, 2011 weighing 8.6 Lbs and 20 1/2 inches long. Jon followed James with the camera while the doctor finished with me. He had a great set of lungs and came out perfectly healthy. They wanted to watch us in the hospital for 48 hours to make sure James was not affected by the GBS.

We were able to come home Monday morning and had my parents waiting at the house for us. I am up and moving, my feet did swell a little which is slowing me down. But other than that I feel great. James is eating and sleeping really well. He goes about every 3-4 hours. Which is really nice because at night he only gets up twice.

We are very blessed to have this sweet spirit in our home. We are blessed that everything went well and there were no complications. I am very blessed to have a husband who is willing to change diapers and might I add changed all in the hospital when it was the gross stuff. We are blessed to have the love and support of family and friends. We are excited for this journey in life, and can not be happier!!



Getting cleaned up













Getting my first bath



I love his face, he still does not like baths









He looks just like his daddy







Meeting Grandma and Grandpa



Finally going home

6 comments:

Thompson Family said...

I love him already! You're right, he does look like Jon especially in the last picture: cross-eyed. Can't wait to see you this summer!

Ashley Nicole Designs said...

Oh I love it! 8.5 hours is awesome! Go you! You're right, he does look just like his daddy. Precious!

Jessica O. said...

Congrats you two. He is precious. Also I LOVE his middle name. Remington will be our first boys name :)

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love him! And I'm so glad you wrote it all down. If people don't want to read all the "details", they can skip over, but you will be SO happy you recorded these important experiences. I'm so glad everything went so well. Hang in there guys. You aren't done being exhausted, but just a few more weeks and he'll be sleeping through the night!! In the meantime, what a blessing! We are so happy that you are both healthy and that all went well!

Love you guys!
Brooklynn, Parker, Jackson, Kate & Lucy

Alison said...

Yay!!! He is so so cute. I'm so proud of you guys. You guys need to have lots of kids because you have good genes.

lance said...

Pretty and Pink! Beautiful baby boy and a happy mum and dad.

Look forward to seeing you and baby James... soon!

Congrats.
Grandpa Revo