I promise not to get in to too much detail, and it is totally fine if you want to skip the story and look at the adorable pictures :)
Millie's story really begins about 3 weeks before she was born, well at least there is a fact that is relevant 3 weeks before. All we need to know is my fluid level was at 18 cm. Then 2 weeks before she came we went camping. I tried to stay off the ATV's as much as possible and really tried to take it easy. I noticed however the next day some leaking. Then I went to my doctors appointment the next week I was measuring at a 2 and we did the GBS test (in which I was positive). Side note- it made me a little worried because with James I started leaking and 5 days later my water broke.
On the 23rd (Wednesday) I went in for my appointment. He did an exam and I was then measuring at a 3. I told him I was still leaking on and off, but I was pretty sure my water had not broken. We checked my fluid I was at 9 cm. It didn't worry him to much, but he wanted to keep an eye on the levels. I went home that day happy that I was progressing, but also reminding myself that I needed to have patience.
Wednesday and Thursday were spent walking and getting things in order. Thursday night came and that was another story. I did not get much sleep. I started getting contractions, but they were not constant. I started leaking more noticeably, but pretty sure my water had not broken. I was in discomfort. But becuase of James and the fact that it was midnight I did not want to go to the hospital. I decided I would call my doctor in the morning.
Friday morning I got in as early as I could (9:30). I told the doctor what had happened. He checked me and I was at a 5! I was so happy, but he was pretty sure my water had not broken (but I already knew that). He seemed a little more concerned about the leaking. We went and did an ultra sound. He did not tell me the level, he just looked at me and told me to go to the hospital (luckily it is literally right across the street). I later found out that my level was at 4 cm, and anything below 5 cm is at a dangerous level.
I drove over the hospital and called Jon. While I got checked in, he found a babysitter for James and gathered the rest of our stuff. Our birthing center has almost 20 rooms and they are all usually full. Luckily I came in at a perfect time. The nurse was super nice, since she did not think I was in labor. I got hooked up to everything and just hung out. I asked to get the epidural. See I am all about pain free, and I was feeling things, but I knew in a sort time it would get worse. I needed to get the medicine for the GBS pushed through twice. After that my contractions were every 2 minutes but I was only at a 6. They did a check and could still feel just a little bit of liquid around the baby. So even though I had like no fluid I still had enough, and my water never broke. Needless to say the doctor came in and broke my water. Less then an hour later Millie came. Now ladies please don't hate me. So recap so far I have not felt anything really, and I did not even feel the need to push, but the nurse insisted it was time. I literally pushed 5 times. I did sweat, I did not scream, I did not really feel anything when I pushed her out (except I did feel like I was pooping). IT WAS AWESOME! The only bad thing was that I had a second degree tare, which makes recovery just great.
Millie came at 6:07 Pm on Friday May 25th, 2012. She weighed 8 pounds even and was 19 1/4 inches long.
Millie and I were able to come home Sunday morning. I was very grateful for that. Usually when you test positive for GBS they like to keep for 48 hours (at least in this area), but our doctor let us go at 36 hours.
Jon was a trooper in taking care of James through this whole thing. He did a lot of running back and forth. He has been an awesome support system for me and James.
James is handling the situation as best he knows how. It is very concerned about her, and likes to constantly check on her. He always points her out, and wants to touch her. The only issue is, is that we are still learning how to be "soft".
Oh and this is the first thing we did when we got home :)





4 comments:
So happy for you! In that last picture of you and Millie, you look way too young to be a mom of two, and way too good to have just given birth!
And those naps on the couch with baby are the best! Enjoy every one of them. :)
Congratulations! Thank you for sharing all the details. It was fun to read. She is beautiful. It is so wonderful to see your family grow and develop. Miss you!
wow aubrey! what a fun suprise. i didnt even know you were prego! i have had no time to peek at blogs lately. been busy with my own little one. =) congrats you guys. boy, carrie moves away and we miss out on all the good news.
Wow sounds like you guys are doing a great job adjusting to two kids. We're so happy for you and your adorable family
Post a Comment