We decided to go to my parents house for Thanksgiving. It was a lot of fun, but really different. Garrett was the only one home with us. Surprisingly there was not a lot of focus on the food. The focus was moved to a game: Settlers of Catan Cities and Knight expansion. We must have played that game at least 5 times!
Mom and I cook dinner in between turns, and since the table was taken up by the game we set up a card table in the front room and ate real quick so that we could start another round.
The funny thing for me is that for the last few weeks I have been wanting to play more games. It is just so hard with just Jon and I. It was awesome that my family played so many times, no one got up in the middle of the game and left. There was a lot of laughing and learning.
There was also a first for my mother. I got her up at 4:30 AM to go shopping. I was surprised that she agreed to get up with us. BUT we all got our shop-vac. Mom and I both had nightmares the night before that we would not get one. We shopped until about 8:30, and the Subaru was packed!! Even if we wanted to we could not go anywhere else. Jon and I dropped mom off at the house, and unloaded the car, and took of to one other place.
When we were not playing the game, Jon and Dad were off hunting. Yes I know shocker!! Jon bought a 3 day duck hunting license. They took all opportunities they could, and got NOTHING. They both agreed that they need to do some target practice to get the ducks!
Overall I guess this Thanksgiving I was really Thankful for family, and soon to be our future family.
11 years ago





1 comment:
Although far away in the midwest... we too were thankful for Jon and Aubrey and are happy that they have such a close relationship with family... and enjoy each others company.
As for hunting... keep your focus Jon 'Front Sight.. front sight... breath... squeeze... eye on target.. a duck in the pot.
Post a Comment