Sunday, May 15, 2011

Garden and so much more

I am so excited that this year we get to do a garden! Before we started it I was thinking since it is our first year we should do a smaller one. Now that we have planted everything, I think next year we need to at least double it. That is if we don't kill everything :)

This is our main box. It includes: onions, garlic. cilantro, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, lots of green beans and a watermelon plant.



This is one row of 5 tomato plants



Here are our other 5 tomato plants, and in the corner we have planted sunflowers!



We also have 2 jalapeno plants and 2 strawberry plants. We have so many tomato plants because we are planning on trying to supply my family with salsa, we will see how that goes.

Also this week Jon finally got his grill. This weekend we ate like kings: steaks, ribs and hamburgers. He loves cooking on it



Finally this is our next project. This stretch is behind the house. The beautiful bush is a dwarf lilac tree. Jon laid down the liner this weekend. We hope to get more bark and plants and flowers down and around as well. There is a space between the tree and the patio that soon we will be expanding the patio. You know we have to make more room for the grill master ;)

1 comment:

Ashley Nicole Designs said...

You have a tree!!! and a garden!!! I love it!!! I can't wait to start doing things like that at our house!!! <3 you. Miss you! It looks great!