James and I are trying to pack up. I am finding it takes like ALL day to do that, when it only took me like an hour before. I have a lot to learn this trip :)
We got to my parents around 10. We are learning that James no longer likes his carseat. It is about 2 hours and 45 minute drive and he was supposed to sleep at least 2 hours, and he didn't. That made for a really long night.
The next day we enjoyed the view from their rental. It was gorgeous. We watched a lot of birds like bald eagles, hummingbirds and everything in between. The house backed the John Day river. Sage had fun running in the tall grass looking for mice and anything fun.
I really like James face in this picture ^
Later that day we drove the 20 miles to Monument to see where dad worked. It was a small office and he works mainly by himself. It was really neat to see.
James helping Papa work
James distracting Papa from working
Megan and Mom
Grandma and James
Well the weather was supposed to be really crappy so we decided that Mom, James and I would stay back that night and we would come in the morning. We packed up Jon, Dad, Megan and Sage and they were on their way. We felt like we made a good decision because they got rained on and had some hail.
In the morning we were getting ready to go but Mom got a phone call. They were able to get a house in Monument (instead of where they lived in Spray) to rent. It would save on so much time and gas. Monument is where my dad works and where their branch meets. Needless to say we got delayed for a few hours. We finally got on the road and called them from Long creek only to find that we would barley be able to get in, because the rain had done some major damage to the road. Plus the weather we still crappy.
Mom and I did rally want to go, and I wanted to see how James would do. BUT because of the weather I am really glad we stayed home. We watched Tangled like 3 times. Now my Mom claims that is James favorite movie.
Everyone got back that night and we just relaxed, and the boys + Megan got warm and dry.
On Sunday we went to their branch were Jon and I talked. He and I were the whole sacrament meeting. It was a blast. There was maybe 25 people there.
On Monday we helped them start to get their new house ready. Jon and I shampooed and washed all the carpet while everyone else did other important things to get the house ready for them.
It was a long but relaxing weekend. It was weird not to go camping and I really missed that. I hope next time the weather is better!!





No comments:
Post a Comment